divorce: the case for change
Separation and divorce are a reality for one in five children in America*. Even when families intend to divorce with dignity and integrity, the structure of the traditional court system often creates an adversarial situation that is not focused on the long-term health and well-being of the entire family. Families need education, professional guidance and extra emotional support in order to navigate a difficult transition.
the solution: how you can support the effort
The Center for Out-of-Court Divorce (COCD) is a 501(c)3 non-profit with an innovative and coordinated process that protects families from the devastating damage that can result for children and their parents during a stressful divorce situation.
Knowing that our model is proven to produce better outcomes for parents, their children and the community at large, COCD seeks philanthropic investments to expand our impact by:
- Educating the public on how to avoid the potentially damaging consequences of divorce for families
- Creating visibility and informing consumers about the new out-of-court model
- Providing the expanded staffing and operational support required to serve a greater number of families
- Providing scholarships to enable families with limited resources to engage COCD’s services
- Disseminating information and providing consultation to support replication of COCD’s model in other communities across the country
Please donate here to make your contribution:
For questions regarding philanthropic support, or COCD, please contact Executive Director, Sue Carparelli at email@example.com or 720-608-3052.